Wednesday, 28 March 2012

CANVAS ART



I fancied trying something a little different and originally my intention was to print onto vellum then emboss and create a parchment type effect however upon rummaging through the printable paper box I came across a sheet of printable canvas in a lovely natural colour.  My creative mind went into overdrive and I went in search of Hubby's painting stash where I happened upon a lovely 8" x 10" canvas in a soft natural tone.

I started off by inking the edges of the canvas using Rhubarb Stalk ink, I printed a sheet of toppers from the Rainbow Rose Collection CD I used silicone glue to adhere the largest topper to the top right corner, added a tassle, printed bow and embellishment.   I then stamped an image in the bottom left corner, this was not as easy as I had hoped and had to layer the canvas over books to give me a solid base, the back of the ladies head didn't come out too well so I used one of the printed ribbons from the topper sheet to hide it, adding real lace and some fabric flowers.  I used a punch for the butterflies and some stickles glue to add some butterfly trails.

This is the first time I've created anything like this but its definately created a whole new avenue using CDs and other embellishments.  Who says you can't be creative with CDs???

Sharon
x

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty Sharon. I had the same problem trying to stamp onto a canvas and had to balance it onto a box to keep it taut enough. Love your flower embellishments in the corner.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty, peaceful piece of art. Lovely - welcome to blogland, Sharon. If you follow those who comment, it'll start to build your own world! Click on their names, then look for the blog they run on the profile page that comes up.

    Give yourself time each day to ferret about and find out what goes on. You'll be amazed how soon your 'network' and knowledge grow. Use network blogs so that every time you post here, it will come up on your facebook page. One new thing a day soon builds up well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Sharon, love the colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon. What a beautiful creation. A huge welcome to CD Sunday and I hope this won't be your last visit with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Sharon, I love the softness of the colours you've used. It will look wonderful hung on the wall.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. I've got some of that printable canvas somewhere. I really must find it now I've seen what you have created and give it a go. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon and welcome to the CD Sunday challenge, what a fabulous piece of work to start off with, I love it.
    Thanks for joining us and I do hope you'll become a regular.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you decided to enter a CD Sunday Challenge Sharon. The canvas looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card and image, love the pinks thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete